Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Why am I afraid?

Today as I sit here on my bed reading my latest find, The Great Gatsby, I think to myself: "What's keeping you where you are? What are you afraid of?" Most of us would say we are afraid of change, of bad things, of being different. That is completely not what I would say. I, being strange, am afraid of something good happening. In my life so many things have gone wrong and I have been bitter about those things; if something  were to go completely and one hundred percent right, I would have absolutely no idea how to react. I am afraid. I don't know what is ahead of me. I have no idea how my future is going to pan out. I do know one thing for certain though, I have an all-powerful God that KNOWS for sure that I have a specific path marked out for my future. He knows and because of that I don't have to know. Because of that I don't have to be afraid. I don't have to be worried. I can be confident in the fact that God at his weakest can STILL beat Satan at his strongest, that God will NEVER fail me, that He is always with me. So, today, my dear friends, I encourage you to stop and ask yourself "Why am I afraid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment