Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Most Beautiful Things in the Humblest of Places

As a very wise lady also know as Camille Pissarro once said "Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing."

I like to think that beauty is everywhere. It reminds me that even in the worst places, there is still beauty. Art is one way we express beauty, although, as much as we try, we can never fully capture it. We try to form in our minds the standard for beauty, which often is conjoined with power, yet we never truly understand that beauty is a thing of effortlessness, a thing one does not achieve but is simply created as. Believing beauty is this not only causes us to love because we lack jealousy, but also causes us to have a sense of who we are. Today, I challenge you. I challenge you to see beauty everywhere, even in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment